Friday, May 11, 2007

Stamford Bridge

Tim says:

It has been a relatively quiet week, however the football at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night was brilliant. That may sound strange since I was watching two of my least favourite teams and they drew 0-0.

The atmosphere was fantastic. The crowd didn't stop singing, chanting, abusing the referee and abusing the Man Utd team for the entire 90 minutes. I particularly liked how the crowd spontaneously broke into a chant for the Chelsea manager, as if it was planned before the match; 50,000-odd people all at once started chanting "Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho" over and over. Not the most original chant ever, but very loud.

I also chuckled at the "Who the f**k are Man United?" chant, which was to the tune of some nursery rhyme that I couldn't put my finger on. I was tempted to tell those around me that Man United are the team that just won the premiership, but I wasn't quite ready to die.

Thursday and Friday are job interview days for Tim. Megan's work is going well; she has had a good first week.


Simon and I had a few beers on a seat in someone's front yard on our way to Stamford Bridge.






















































John Terry was brilliant
















Wayne Rooney came on in the second half


























I think that's Joe Cole













The fulltime scoreline that made me £22...ooooh yeah

No comments: